Friday, February 18, 2011

Wandering

Today I get the opportunity to start a service wandering by traveling with InterVarsity New England to New Orleans to work with Habitat for Humanity and some other groups.  I'm keeping this post short as I still have some packing and errands to run in the next four and half hours before we load up our van.

Why am I doing this?  Several reasons.  The most simple: Jesus served people and he calls us to do likewise.  Secondly this trip models service for Nate and Elli and, while they will miss Mama, it sets a good example of helping others for them to follow.  (Leaving for a week is made a lot easier knowing that I have an awesome husband who loves being with his children. - They're going to have a great time.

While I'm gone I'm giving Nate and Elli a project.  They have Hands Journals.  I started by tracing my hand and a short message to both of them.  While I'm gone they're going to see lots of friends and family.  Each journal has the following instructions in the front:


Please help Nate & Elli complete their hands project.

Find an empty page and trace your hand.  Write your name and the date.  Also if you’d like you can write them a special message.  Elli has the green notebook and Nate’s is blue!

Thanks for your help!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear about your adventures!