Monday, April 23, 2012

Laundry Soap

     I am constantly losing this in the months between batches of laundry soap, so I'm posting it on here so I know where to look!  My sister in law Jessica shared it and it is good stuff.  Clothes get clean and it's saved us lots of money.  

Laundry Soap

Heat 6 cups of water and 1/3 bar of grated Fells Naptha Soap (Bar of soap in laundry aisle. Under $1.50) Stir in 1/2 cup washing soda and 1/2 cup of Borax. Mix and heat until dissolved. Boil 15 minutes. Remove from heat. In a 3 or 5 gallon pail, add 1 quart of hot water, then add the soap mixture. Mix, add enough cold water to make 2 gallons. Mix until well blended. Let sit 24 hours. Use 1/2 cup for each load. Shake stir before each use. (It may be slightly gloppy). If water is hard add 1/2 cup Borax with the detergent to the wash for whites.

It works really well and lasts a long time. Once you've bought the initial ingredients you can make a ton.

I use about a half cup with each load. 

Laundry soap for all of life's sticky messes!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear about your adventures!